- 2 egg yolks
- 50g caster sugar (3 tablespoons)
- 10g plain flour (2.5 teaspoons)
- 2tsp Chaadao Ceremonial Matcha
- 20ml warm water (4 teaspoons)
- 50ml warm milk (3 tablespoons)
- 200g cream cheese, we've used Philadelphia Original
- 180g whipping cream
- 2 sheets gelatin
300g digestive biscuits
50g unsalted butter
Matcha cream cheese filling:
1. Whisk the egg yolks with 30g of caster sugar until is smooth and pale yellow. Sift the flour into the mix and combine. Pour in the milk and whipping cream, then stir well, put the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan.
2. Cook the egg mixture over medium heat, stir constantly until it is smooth and silky consistency. Put the gelatin in and stir until the mixture dissolved and well combined into the egg mixture. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
3. Prepare the Chaadao Ceremonial Matcha by whisking with warm water.
4. Add the cream cheese, 20g of sugar and the Matcha to the egg mixture. Beat at the lowest speed or by hand until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the whipping cream until it’s soft. Then, fold half of the whipping cream into the egg mixture to create a smooth texture and follow with the other half.
1. Crush the digestive biscuits into small pieces with a food processor.
2. Melt the butter and pour on the biscuits to combine together.
3. Line the bottom of the cake tin before setting the biscuit base, then pour the filling mixture onto the base and smooth out the surface. You can sprinkle more Matcha on top for finishing touches. Leave it in the fridge for four hours or until firm.