Prep time: 30 mins Set time: 4 hours Cake tin: 8" Serves: 6
Matcha cake filling:
- 2 Egg yolks
- 3 tbsp Caster sugar
- 3 tsp Plain flour
- 2 tbsp Chaadao Ceremonial Matcha
- 4 tsp Warm water
- 3 tbsp Warm milk
- 180g Cream cheese, we've used Philadelphia Original
- 200g Double cream
- 2 sheets Gelatin
Oreo cream filling:
- Oreo cream filling, separated from biscuits (1 packet of Original Oreo)
- 50g Double cream
- Oreo biscuits, separated from the cream filling
- 50g Melted butter
Matcha cream cheese filling:
1. Whisk the egg yolks with the caster sugar until is smooth and pale yellow. Sift the flour into the mix and combine. Pour in the milk and half of the double cream, then stir well, put the mixture through a sieve into a saucepan.
2. Cook the egg mixture over medium heat, stir constantly until it is smooth and silky consistency. Put the gelatin in and stir until the mixture dissolved and well combined into the egg mixture. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
3. Prepare the Chaadao Ceremonial Matcha by whisking with warm water.
4. Add the cream cheese and the Matcha to the egg mixture. Beat at the lowest speed or by hand until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, beat the double cream until it’s soft. Then, fold half of the whipping cream into the egg mixture to create a smooth texture and follow with the other half.
Oreo cream filling:
1. Using a bowl, mix the Oreo cream with the double cream together until smooth consistency. Add milk if the mixture is too thick.
1. Separate the Oreo biscuits and the cream filling.
2. Crush the Oreo biscuits into crumbs with a food processor, or put the biscuits in a food bag and bash it with a rolling pin.
3. Melt the butter and pour on the biscuits to combine together.
4. Line the bottom of the cake tin before setting the biscuit base, then pour the Oreo cream filling mixture onto the base and smooth out the surface.
5. Pour the Matcha cream filling onto of the Oreo cream.
6. Leave it in the fridge for four hours or until firm. Once the cream is set, decorate with strawberries by carefully placing on top of the Matcha cream.