- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp Chaadao Ceremonial Matcha
- 3/4 unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup of white chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour and Matcha, then combine in a large bowl.
2. In a cake mixer with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the unsalted butter until smooth and creamy.
3. Add the pinch of salt to the butter and blend.
4. Add the icing sugar and blend until soft and light.
5. Combine the egg yolks and mix well.
6. Gradually add the flour and Matcha mix, blend until the dough is smooth.
7. Add the white chocolate chips and mix well.
8. Cut the dough in half and shape into 2 cylinders, about 4 cm diameter, 18 cm in length.
9. Wrap the logs in cling film and chill in refrigerator until firm, at least 2 hours, better yet overnight.
10. Preheat the oven to 175C degrees. Line the baking tray with baking paper. Remove the dough from the cling film, and with a sharp knife, slice the dough into 7mm thick. Place them on the baking paper, leaving about 2.5cm between each cookie.
11. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edge of the cookies starts to turn slightly golden brown.
12. Remove from the oven and let it cool or you can eat whilst it's warm. If you keep them in an airtight container, the cookies will keep for at least 4 days.